[Agda] Re: Commutativity problems in RingSolver

Christoph HERRMANN ch at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Aug 19 12:24:05 CEST 2010

Hi again,

this time I used the operator (= with * on top) which is obviously meant
for comparing polynomials semantically, omitting the call to normalise
then, of course. This time, function "checkWorks" passes again and
"checkFails" does not explicitly deliver an error but reports unresolved
metas, which I assume means that this does not count as a proof.

Maybe I did something wrong in the way I imported the solver or there
is a bug in the library. If anyone knows, please tell me as soon as
possible. The program is attached and the private attribute of the
operator (= with * on top) in the RIngSolver needs to be removed for that.

Best Wishes