[Agda] Agda Implementors' Meeting XII

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Mon Jul 19 14:14:19 CEST 2010

                     Agda Implementors' Meeting XII
                      Second call for participation
      http://wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php?n=Main.AIMXII

The twelfth Agda Implementors' Meeting will take place in Nottingham
2010-09-01 to 2010-09-07 (Wed to Tue). Everyone who uses Agda is
invited to attend. The meeting will be similar to previous ones:

   * Presentations and discussions.

   * Plenty of time to work on or in Agda, in collaboration with the
     other participants.

NOTE: We do not charge for attendance.

Important dates
===============

2010-08-01:                Deadline for registration
2010-09-01 to 2010-09-07:  AIM XII

Note that if you want to stay at the National College (see below) it
may be wise to book a room as soon as possible.

Location
========

The meeting will take place in the School of Computer Science at the
University of Nottingham:

   http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/
   http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sharedresources/documents/mapjubileecampus.pdf

To get to the department from central Nottingham you can take a taxi.
You can also go by bus, see http://triptimes.co.uk/ (use "University
of Nottingham, Jubilee Campus" as the destination).

If you have trouble finding us you can call Nils Anders
(+44-7984866854) or Thorsten (+44-7941398649).

Travel to Nottingham
====================

UK
--

To plan travel inside the UK you can use
http://www.transportdirect.info/ or, for train travel,

International
-------------

By train: People on the continent can get to Nottingham by taking the
Eurostar (http://www.eurostar.com/) to London and then taking another
train to Nottingham.

By air: We recommend using one of the following airports:

   East Midlands (http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/)
     Just outside Nottingham, bus connection to the city centre. Most
     of the major airlines do not use this airport.

   Birmingham (http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/)
     Roughly two hours via train to Nottingham.

The London airports can also be used, but expect to spend more time to
get to Nottingham (for Stansted or Heathrow: roughly 3 hours).

Accommodation
=============

There is accommodation available at the National College, which is
located a short walk away from the school (£90/night,
http://www.nationalcollege.org.uk/conferencecentre). To book you can
phone +44-115 872 2500. Another option is to stay at the P&J Hotel,
roughly 1.2 km away (£44.25-£120/night, http://www.pj-hotel.co.uk/).

Excursion
=========

On Saturday, 2010-09-04, we plan to walk in the Peak District, weather
permitting. You may want to bring good shoes or boots for walking, and
something to protect you in case of sudden bad weather. The plan is to
walk in the area of Edale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edale) and
Castleton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castleton,_Derbyshire).

Registration
============

You register for the meeting by filling out the form below and
emailing it to Nils Anders (for email address, see
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~nad/).

Attendance is free, but participants need to cover all expenses (such
as food) themselves.

If you want to give a talk, or lead a discussion on some subject,
indicate so on the registration form. We will let you know whether
your proposal is accepted closer to the meeting. (The "code sprints"
form the core of the meeting, so we do not want to spend too much time
on talks and discussions.)

Registration form
Agda Implementors' Meeting XII

Name:

Title and abstract (if you want to give a talk or lead a discussion):

Additional comments:

We hope to see you in Nottingham in September.

Thorsten Altenkirch and Nils Anders Danielsson