[Agda] install darcs version?

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Fri Apr 23 20:48:38 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-23 17:43, Randy Pollack wrote:
> At the bottom of Agda wiki page
> <http://wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php?n=Main.README-2-2-6>
> We find:

>  Installation scripts for Ubuntu 9.10

I tested this when Agda 2.2.6 was released, but I don't think it works
anymore, due to the switch to GHC 6.12. I have now removed this section
from the current README.

I would recommend you to install the next version of Ubuntu (10.04,
released on Thursday). Then I suspect that you can install the
development version of Agda as follows (untested):

  sudo apt-get install ghc6 cabal-install happy alex darcs emacs \
                       haskell-mode zlib1g-dev libncurses5-dev make
  darcs get --lazy http://code.haskell.org/Agda
  cd Agda
  make install

If you want to install Agda immediately, then you can try the following
commands (only partly tested):

  sudo apt-get install darcs emacs stow haskell-mode \
                       zlib1g-dev libncurses5-dev make

  # GHC

  VERSION=6.12.1
  ID=ghc-$VERSION
  TARBALL=$ID-i386-unknown-linux-n.tar.bz2  # Replace if not on i386.
  PREFIX=/usr/local
  STOWDIR=$PREFIX/stow
  INSTALLDIR=$STOWDIR/$ID

  wget http://www.haskell.org/ghc/dist/$VERSION/$TARBALL
  tar xjf $TARBALL
  cd $ID
  ./configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR
  sudo make install
  cd $STOWDIR
  sudo stow $ID

  # Haskell Platform

  VERSION=2010.1.0.0
  ID=haskell-platform-$VERSION
  TARBALL=$ID.tar.gz
  PREFIX=/usr/local
  STOWDIR=$PREFIX/stow
  INSTALLDIR=$STOWDIR/$ID

  wget http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/$VERSION/$TARBALL
  tar xzf $TARBALL
  cd $ID
  ./configure --prefix=$INSTALLDIR
  make
  sudo make install
  cd $STOWDIR
  sudo stow $ID

  # Agda

  darcs get --lazy http://code.haskell.org/Agda
  cd Agda
  make install

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

--
/NAD