[Agda] Agda error reporting

Ulf Norell ulfn at chalmers.se
Sat Apr 10 09:48:45 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:23 PM, <kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> The latest development version of Agda (my first pull since quite a while)
> seems to truncate error messages to the first three lines when called
> from the command line.
> (Being on PowerPC, I don't have ghci, so I normally use the command line.)
>
> I did
>
>  darcs changes -v | less
>
> and looked for ``take'', but didn't find anything suspicious-looking
> back to 2nd December.
>
> How can I get the full error messages back?

That's a unicode issue. We switched to using the unicode support that comes
with
the ghc libraries, and there's a problem that if your terminal isn't
configured for
unicode it just truncates the output. I can't remember the exact details but
making
sure your terminal can display unicode will make the problem go away.

/ Ulf