[Agda] Re: [Coq-Club] Agda with the excluded middle is inconsistent ?

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Fri Jan 8 15:50:45 CET 2010

I spent some time trying to extend Chung-Kil's proof to an outright
contradiction, but Agda's predicativity thwarted my attempts.  If Agda had
an impredictiave Prop universe like Coq does, there would be an outright
contradiciton.  Below is my proof that Coq has non-injective type
constructors:

Definition Type1 := Type.

Inductive I : (Type1 -> Type1) -> Type1 := .

Section ChungKil.

Hypothesis InjI : forall x y, I x = I y -> x = y.

Definition P (x:Type1) : Type1 := exists a, I a = x /\ (inhabited (a x) -> False).

Definition p := I P.

Lemma contradiction : inhabited (P p) <-> (inhabited (P p) -> False).
Proof.
unfold P at 1.
unfold p at 1.
split.