[Agda] how to type this?

Martin Escardo m.escardo at cs.bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 16:52:36 CEST 2009

Thorsten,

I love co-induction, and have published more than one paper with it (and
moreover I said "prefer" and "if possible").

However, the definitions I want to write down in Agda are certainly not
by co-induction, and hence the co-inductive structure would, I think,
get on my way rather than help me.  However, it is perhaps better to
have such a definition than none, so I am still hoping for an answer
with or without coinduction. The question remains in any case out of
scientific curiosity: can this be expressed without co-induction?

Cheers,
Martin