[Agda] Q: refinement in emacs

Christoph Herrmann ch at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 18:06:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have doubts that my emacs installation with Agda is working correctly,
so I tried a given example.

I found on one lecture slide of Anton Setzer
CS 336/CS M36 (part 2)/CS M46 Interactive Theorem Proving, Lent Term
2008, Sec. 3 (c)3-93:

postulate A : Set
postulate B : Set
postulate f : A → B
postulate a : A
b : B
b = {! !}

Then we can insert f into this goal and use menu
Refine (C-c C-r)
The system shows b = f {! !}.
Unfortunately, this does not work for me. After loading the file the
hole is replaced by
b = {   }0
Placing the cursor inside the { } and selecting refinement the
refinement does not
happen visibly for me, but I'm asked for a number of a goal. I typed 0
but the goal
did not change to the result as on the slides.

Is there an easy way to check what the reason could be; e.g., the
values of
environment variables in emacs (I'm using Aquamacs on MacOSX)?

The type inference in simple cases seems to work, although I'm not
getting
the normal form displayed.

Many thanks in advance
--
  Dr. Christoph Herrmann
  University of St Andrews, Scotland/UK
  email: ch at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk,  c.herrmann at virgin.net

  The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland: No
SC013532