[Agda] Updated instructions on how to install Agda

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Thu Jun 11 19:00:28 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-09 20:41, Anton Setzer wrote:

> I have reinstalled Agda and updated the Installation of Agda from
> Source for Non-Programmers at the Agda wiki
> (http://wiki.portal.chalmers.se/agda/pmwiki.php?n=Main.InstallationOfAgdaFromSourceForNonprogrammers)

Now that the Haskell Platform (http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/) is
available the following should work on many recent Linux distributions
(I have not tested these steps, though):

1) Install GNU Emacs and the Haskell mode using the system's package
   manager.

2) Install the Haskell Platform, perhaps using the system's package
   manager.

3a) For a local installation:
    Add ~/.cabal/bin to the PATH.
    cabal update
    cabal install Agda-executable
    agda-mode setup

3b) For a global installation:
    cabal update
    sudo cabal install --global Agda-executable
    Modify the system-wide Emacs startup scripts in a suitable way.

For platforms where we release precompiled packages I recommend that
these should be used instead, though.

--
/NAD