[Agda] lifting from Set to Set1

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Fri May 1 02:34:55 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-30 20:00, Chris Casinghino wrote:

> 1) Why isn't (Set =< Set1) in Agda?

In 2007 a decision was taken to add this rule to Agda, but so far no one
has implemented it.

> 2) Are there standard ways to get around this

I rarely encounter this problem, so I have not acquired any specific
techniques for avoiding it. I suspect that some people would give the
following recommendations:

1) Use --type-in-type.

2) Use a (small) universe.

If you show us more of your code then we can perhaps give more specific
recommendations.

--
/NAD