[Agda] Re: Conversion of repositories to darcs 2 format

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Thu Apr 16 22:03:03 CEST 2009

On 2009-04-09 14:47, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:

> I will soon convert the darcs repositories for Agda and the standard
> library to the darcs 2 format

This has now been done. Remember that…

> After conversion you will have to delete any copies of the
> repositories that you have lying around (unless you want to keep them
> as some form of memento, I suppose), and replace them with fresh
> copies.

The conversion of the Agda repository led to a small loss of
information. For instance, the patch

  Wed Jun  4 08:45:39 BST 2008  patrikj at chalmers.se
    * Corrected README after the addition of "Agda/" to the source tree
      {
      merger 0.0 (
      hunk ./README 211
      -2. Copy the .el files in src/full/Interaction/emacs-mode to some
      +2. Copy the .el files in src/full/Agda/Interaction/emacs-mode to some
      hunk ./README 211
      -2. Copy the .el files in src/full/Interaction/emacs-mode to some
      +2. Copy the .el files in src/full/Agda/Interaction/emacs-mode to some
      )
      merger 0.0 (
      hunk ./README 215
      -   cp src/full/Interaction/emacs-mode/*.el <agda-mode-dir>
      +   cp src/full/Agda/Interaction/emacs-mode/*.el <agda-mode-dir>
      hunk ./README 215
      -   cp src/full/Interaction/emacs-mode/*.el <agda-mode-dir>
      +   cp src/full/Agda/Interaction/emacs-mode/*.el <agda-mode-dir>
      )
      }

now (somewhat confusingly) looks as follows:

  Wed Jun  4 08:45:39 BST 2008  patrikj at chalmers.se
    * Corrected README after the addition of "Agda/" to the source tree
      hunk ./README 211
      -2. Copy the .el files in src/full/Agda/Interaction/emacs-mode to some
      +2. Copy the .el files in src/full/Interaction/emacs-mode to some
      hunk ./README 215
      -   cp src/full/Agda/Interaction/emacs-mode/*.el <agda-mode-dir>
      +   cp src/full/Interaction/emacs-mode/*.el <agda-mode-dir>

However, I have made sure that all tagged versions are preserved. A
backup of the old repository is available from
http://code.haskell.org/Agda/repository-before-conversion-to-darcs-2-format/,
in case anyone wants to do any archaeology.

--
/NAD