[Agda] Re: Good old times... (install trouble)

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Sun Feb 15 23:28:07 CET 2009

On 2009-02-15 20:29, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> So my question is: why is it that the latest Agda code always has to
> depend on the very latest of everything else.

For some Haskell libraries we depend on recent versions because of bugs
in earlier versions. It would be possible to drop some Haskell library
dependencies (by dropping features or implementing workarounds), but
since installing Haskell libraries is really easy using cabal-install we
have not attempted to minimise the number of dependencies. For people
who have trouble installing from scratch I suggest using the precompiled
packages.

When it comes to code written in Agda I can only speak for myself: I
often want to use/test/experiment with new language features (and
sometimes I take advantage of recent bug fixes).

--
/NAD