[Agda] trouble with "with"

Thorsten Altenkirch txa at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Mon Dec 29 15:02:44 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

I hope you all had a nice christmas. I am playing around with Agda
while my son is liberating the universe on the playstation.

However, I got badly stuck on a with pattern. Agda tells me that it
"Cannot split on the constructor vapp". What does this actually mean?

I attach the relevant pieces of my code. The idea is to implement the
fact that neutral normal forms (x t1 .. tn) can either be viewed from
the left or from the right.
I take the left view as primitive and derive the spine view as a view.

This is basically the idea that lists can be viewed as snoc lists but
with types.

Any advice would be appreciated.