[Agda] Emacs Agda mode is not working

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Dec 3 17:05:36 CET 2008

On 2008-12-04 00:21, Álvaro García Pérez wrote:
> I'm having problems to run Agda mode on Emacs. I recently upgraded my
> system to Ubuntu8.10 and Emacs22

There are prebuilt binaries for Ubuntu which you can install using your
package manager. (See the Download page on the Agda Wiki.)

> , and installed Agda2 (following Anton Setzer's guide).

Based on your description this guide seems to be slightly out of date.
All you need to put in your .emacs is the following (assuming that the
paths are correct):

   (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs22/site-lisp/haskell-mode-2.4/")
   (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs22/site-lisp/agda-mode/")
   (require 'agda2)

> I run Emacs and it is not able to load any .agda file (it freezes and
> the status bar says "no changes need to be saved").

If Emacs freezes, type C-g and check the output in the *ghci* buffer. It
sounds as if the Agda library fails to load properly in GHCi.

--
/NAD