[Agda] Re: Avoid GHC 6.10.1 (for now)

Darin Morrison dmorri23 at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 11 20:53:43 CET 2008

On Nov 11, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Iain Lane wrote:

> Darin Morrison wrote:

>>> I should perhaps add that the most recent version of Agda is now
>>> configured to only accept new versions of binary, so there is no
>>> risk of
>>> using the slow version by accident.
>>
>> I just updated my installation of GHC to 6.10.1 and binary to
>> binary-0.4.4.  I'm using the latest version of Agda and the standard
>> library, fresh from the repository several minutes ago.
>>
>> Before, with GHC 6.8.3, everything worked perfectly.  Now, when I
>> try to
>> load agda2-mode, Emacs just seems to hang.  It does this even if I
>> try
>> to switch to agda2-mode manually rather than loading an .agda file
>> directly.
>>
>> Is this a known problem?  Any ideas what might be causing it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Darin
>>

> I've found this too, running current Agda and GHC 6.10.1 from Macports
> on OSX.

Interesting.  I'm running this on OSX as well, but I'm using the GHC
installation from the GHC-6.10.1-i386.pkg provided on haskell.org.
However, I'm using Macports for other libraries like readline which I
needed to compile the readline-1.0.1.0 cabal package.  Don't know if
that has anything to do with it or not.

Regards,
Darin