[Agda] Re: Avoid GHC 6.10.1 (for now)

Darin Morrison dmorri23 at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 11 20:36:36 CET 2008

On Nov 11, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:

> On 11/11/08 15:45, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:
>>
>> This has now been fixed by a new version of binary.
>
> I should perhaps add that the most recent version of Agda is now
> configured to only accept new versions of binary, so there is no
> risk of
> using the slow version by accident.

I just updated my installation of GHC to 6.10.1 and binary to
binary-0.4.4.  I'm using the latest version of Agda and the standard
library, fresh from the repository several minutes ago.

Before, with GHC 6.8.3, everything worked perfectly.  Now, when I try
to load agda2-mode, Emacs just seems to hang.  It does this even if I
try to switch to agda2-mode manually rather than loading an .agda file
directly.

Is this a known problem?  Any ideas what might be causing it?

Regards,
Darin