[Agda] UTF-8 issue in Agda which is built by the latest GHC 6.10.1

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed Nov 5 14:19:53 CET 2008

On 05/11/08 04:43, IKEGAMI Daisuke wrote:

> It may the important change for Agda that now ghci uses editline (BSD
> license), rather than GNU readline.

This does not seem to affect Agda; strings sent to the Haskell backend
via GHCi are escaped.

> Unfortunately, the current editline does not support UTF-8. (see the
> page of editline at Bugs section)

This seems to imply that we should not yet drop the dependency on
readline (for the unsupported agda -I) in favour of editline.

--
/NAD