[Agda] Debian packages

Liyang HU comp.lang.agda at liyang.hu
Tue Aug 26 18:32:13 CEST 2008

Hi all,

For the few Debian / Ubuntu users out there (anyone?), I've made some pre-
compiled packages of Agda, along with a couple of dependencies which have
not yet made it into Debian, as well as Nils's standard library. (Pre-
typechecked, with source; let me know if this doesn't work for you...)
This may save you some faffing about with darcs and cabal and whatnot.

Instructions on how to add the repository, here:
    http://liyang.hu/debian.xhtml

Just install agda-mode, which should pull in libghc6-agda-dev & the rest.
If you want the compiler / interactive mode as well, install agda.
Depending on how you've set up aptitude / your apt-frontend of choice,
you may need to force it to install the latest libghc6-quickcheck-dev and/
or libghc6-haskell-src-dev.

Known issues: since absolute paths are used in the pre-type-checked
standard library, they currently point to the wrong location. This
shouldn't affect the typechecking of your own code, but goto-definition
won't quite work. At least you have colour if you're just browsing
through /usr/share/agda-stdlib ...

One (interim) solution would be to do the typechecking in the post-
installation script (on the user's machine.) I'll probably do this on the
next update. However it does take a rather long time, even on a fairly
fast machine. Maybe some sort of packaging system such that we won't need
to use absolute paths?

Cheers,
/Liyang