[Agda] Re: Lambda

Ulf Norell ulfn at cs.chalmers.se
Wed Jun 18 19:06:27 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Lennart Augustsson <lennart at augustsson.net>
wrote:

> Wow, using Unicode with Alex is massively ugly!
> I thought making my suggested change would be trivial, but I was mistaken.

Indeed. At the moment all unicode characters are replaced by a suitable
ASCII dummy before showing a string to Alex. Adding the lambda would be
quite easy I guess, just change the new lambda character to a backslash in
the string that Alex sees. I'm not sure how to handle the arrow, though,
since there you'd need to replace one character by two ASCII characters.

I think the best way to do this is to just lex lambda and arrow as
identifiers and let the parser sort things out.

/ Ulf