[Agda] Borring question: Cabal, compiling for linux-ppc

Pierre Hyvernat pierre.hyvernat at univ-savoie.fr
Mon May 19 11:43:49 CEST 2008

Hello to all,

I am currently trying to compile Agda-2 for my old
ibook G3 running debian unstable.
(That way, I'll be able to take Agda with me...)

Due to some problems with the ghc maintainer for
linux-ppc, ghc doesn't seem to have an interactive mode
on this architecture...
As a result, I cannot use the normal

 runhaskell Setup.hs configure

I naively tried replacing runhaskell by runhugs, but I
get the following:

 $ runhugs -P /usr/lib/ghc-6.8.2/lib/Cabal-1.2.3.0/ Setup.hs configure --ghc
 runhugs: Error occurred
 ERROR - Undefined variable "main"

(Apparently, the "--ghc" is supposed to tell cabal that
the compiler will be ghc... The problem doesn't come
from that.)

It looks like a stupid question, but since I've never
looked into cabal, I am a bit lost here.

Does anybody knows how to use runhugs with the cabal
packages?
Or has anyone compiled Agda-2 on linux-ppc?

I could try to recompile ghc by hand, but I am unsure
that it will solve the problem.
(Plus compiling the whole of ghc on a 6 years old ibook
is not something I'm looking forward to.)

Thanks for your help...

Pierre
--
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it,
doesn't go away.