[Agda] a universe of finite types

Thorsten Altenkirch txa at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Wed May 7 17:49:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

thank you very much for your help!

I thought I might as well post the product of my efforts, showing that
the family of finite sets us closed under coproducts, products and
exponentials with the associated views. Basically (Simple) Type Theory
for Hardware engineers...

For me it was a good way to try out the "with" mechanism which works
very nicely (thank you, Ulf). I also realized that our remark in http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~txa/publ/ssgp06.pdf
, exercise 4 was misleading, you don't need extensionality to
implement a view on functions, because this only requires that every
code is represented by a function and not the inverse.

I'll have a go and do Sigma and Pi instead: Hardware engineers need
dependent types!

Cheers,
Thorsten