[Agda] Different versions of agda on Windows and Linux

Anton Setzer A.G.Setzer at swansea.ac.uk
Mon Jan 29 19:16:00 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with different versions of Agda under Linux and Windows
at the moment. This is quite urgent, since tomorrow my lecture course
on interactive theorem proving starts tomorrow, and I probably have to
start using Agda within about a week at the latest.

At the moment the latest version of Agda (1.0.1) is only available as a
windows installer.
I therefore under Linux which is what I am using in my office I
installed agda 1.0.0rc4 which seems to be the latest version which
is available under Linux.
In order to be consistent, I installed under windows version 1.0.0rc4
as well, which I need at times, since sometimes in my lectures
the data projector doesn't work under windows, and then it is
necessary to reboot using windows.
I wanted to test this as well, since my students will usually
be using windows.

It turns out that the windows version 1.0.0rc4 is different
from the linux version 1.0.0rc4: The windows version
supports hidden arguments, whereas the linux version
doesn't support them (it ignores any exclamation marks.

It would be nice if anybody could provide me with a platform
independent version for one of the latest versions, which
conincides with the windows version, preferably with the latest
one, even if it is not made available on the sourceforge
web site.

Please help me to keep my course running,

Thanks a lot,

Anton

--
---------------------------------------