[Agda] Make latin-1 characters in Agda(1) obsoleted ?

Nobuo Yamashita nobuo-yamashita at aist.go.jp
Wed Nov 15 09:10:33 CET 2006

Dear Agda 1 Developers/Users

At the moment, Agda 1 accepts latin-1(non-ascii) characters, so there
are some source files containing latin-1 character literals.  However,
since new version of GHC (version 6.6) treats source files as UTF-8,
we cannot compile Agda 1 with GHC 6.6.

How about changing non-ascii characters accepted by Agda 1
from Latin-1 to UTF-8 ?

  I have made a branch (ghc66) on the Agda repository.  The branch
  contains codes for compiling with ghc-6.6. (N.B. Compiling is tested
  only on Linux.)  We can now check out the branch by the following way.

  % cvs -d:pserver:user at cvs.coverproject.org:/usr/local/CVS co -r ghc66 Agda

Nobuo Yamashita				nobuo-yamashita at aist.go.jp