[Agda-dev] Re: Epic back-end support

Daniel Gustafsson daniel.gustafsson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:13:29 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Ulf Norell <ulfn at chalmers.se> wrote:

> I'd be ok with dropping Epic support. I don't think anyone is using it,
> but maybe polling the list would be a good idea just in case.

as one of the creator of the Agda-Epic backend I of course think it is sad
the state the Epic backend is in. But since I haven't really put any energy
in fixing any of the open issues I understand and support the move to drop
Epic support.

> Out of curiosity do you know what backend Idris is using instead of Epic?

They are using there own run time system, when I talked with Edwin Bradey
last ICFP he said that he had (long term) plans on updating Epic to use
what Idris is using, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

/Daniel Gustafsson