[Agda-dev] Other new branch in the standard library repository: 2.4.2.2

Wolfram Kahl kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 20 15:29:42 CET 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 06:49:04AM +0100, Ulf Norell wrote:
> > How can we test in the maintenance branch of Agda all the new stuff in
> > the development version (the master branch) of the standard library?
>

> I'm not sure we have to do that. We don't have any(?) users running the
> maintenance branch--either you run with master or one of the releases.

Andreas is trying to convinve me to use the maintenance branch,
and I'll give it a try --- assuming your fixes for Issue 1396 are in there...

And I would certainly much prefer to have a precise reference
to a standard library version known to work with the maintenance branch,
(I haven't introduced any dependencies on new stuff yet...)
Otherwise I would start from the library version matching the release,
and then would be not very happy if I have to implement or hunt down changes
to make it work with the maintenance branch of Agda.

I can well imagine that other users that start to be bitten by problems
in the released version will switch to the maintenance branch, too ---
that's why I suggested mentioning it on the Wiki.

Wolfram