[Agda-dev] Other new branch in the standard library repository: 2.4.2.2

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Fri Mar 20 07:25:49 CET 2015

On 20 March 2015 at 00:49, Ulf Norell <ulf.norell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 9:02 PM, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez <asr at eafit.edu.co>
> wrote:
>>

>> How can we test in the maintenance branch of Agda all the new stuff in
>> the development version (the master branch) of the standard library?
>

> I'm not sure we have to do that. We don't have any(?) users running the
> maintenance branch--either you run with master or one of the releases.

I guess we agree in the following classification of Agda's branches:

master -> experimental
maint   -> "stable"

If we not test the standard library with the Agda "stable" branch, we
lose the ability to detect problems such as described in
https://code.google.com/p/agda/issues/detail?id=1347 or
https://code.google.com/p/agda/issues/detail?id=1407.

--
Andrés