[Smam] Machine learning and SAXS

Marianne Liebi marianne.liebi at chalmers.se
Sun Mar 6 11:52:56 CET 2022

Since we had the discussion on using AI tools in “our field”, here an example using SAXS.

Machine learning platform for determining experimental lipid phase behaviour from small angle X-ray scattering patterns by pre-training on synthetic data<https://scholar.google.com/scholar_url?url=https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2022/dd/d1dd00025j&hl=en&sa=X&d=14787124533014499581&ei=qYsiYrLeMoytmwHpuproBg&scisig=AAGBfm1qVkL6dmFT3T6CZCJNE40w89XH-A&oi=scholaralrt&html=&pos=0&folt=rel>
HA Aty, R Strutt, N Mcintyre, M Allen, NE Barlow… - Digital Discovery, 2022
Lipid membranes are vital in a wide range of biological and biotechnical systems;
they undepin functions from modulation of protein activity to drug uptake and
delivery. Understanding the structure, interactions, self-assembly and phase …

Marianne Liebi
Adjunct Associate Professor
Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg (SE)
Group Leader Paul Scherrer Insitut, Villigen (CH)
Liebi Research Group<https://www.chalmers.se/en/departments/physics/research/cmp/research/Liebi_research_group/Pages/default.aspx>