[Nbp] Division meeting next Friday at 15 in Luftbryggan

Eva Olsson eva.olsson at chalmers.se
Wed Nov 10 10:02:27 CET 2021

Dear All,

Our Division meeting starts at 15:00 with a sandwich&coffee/tea gathering. You should bring your coffee/tea to Luftbryggan. There will be bread and accessories for you to prepare sandwiches.

Program:

15:00     Gathering in Luftbryggan
15:15     Introduction of new Division members, 5 mins each. Nicola Garlet and Mindaugas Juodenas are among them.
                Other information. Shun Kondo is joining University of Tokyo as Assistant Professor.
15:40     Fredrik Höök will give a talk entitled “Determination of Adsorbate Mass in Solution Using Mechanical Resonators: Elimination of the So Far Inseparable Liquid Contribution”
Abstract: In 1996 we started suspecting that the quartz crystal microbalance (QCM) probed the mass of both adsorbed molecules and coupled water, in 2001 we used surface plasmon resonance and ellipsometry to prove that it was the case, and in 2021 we identified a trick that allowed us to quantify the mass of both using QCM measurements alone.
16:00 End of meeting

Welcome!
Eva.