[Driftstörning] Re: [Driftstörning] Migration to the new SUNET network.

Göran Bengtson goeran at chalmers.se
Ons Sep 28 21:07:55 CEST 2016

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016, Göran Bengtson wrote:

> From: Göran Bengtson <goeran at chalmers.se>
> To: driftstorning at lists.chalmers.se
> Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 17:08:12 +0200
> Subject: [Driftstörning]  Migration to the new SUNET network.
>
> Migration to the new/next generation of SUNET (as our internet provider)
> is planned for the next week. The exact time is currently not known.
>
> The work will be done during office hours together with SUNET staff.
>
> Some connectivity problems to internet for the entire campus may occur, but
> we believe they can be minimized.
>
> 			Göran Bengtson
> 			IT Services Infrastructure

After some problems we have successfully migrated.

We ran into a unexpected problem that was impossible to test before the
actual migration. This problem caused short network connectivity
problems (in the order of seconds) a couple of times during the afternoon.
When the problem was solved, the migration was completed.

Sometime after the migration we noted connectivity problems to some sites
and for some protocols. This problem turned out to be a configuration
error in SUNET and was corrected.

We now believe that the migration is successful.

However, we have not yet tested global IP multicast. Will be tested
tomorrow. That service never worked well and is in very little use.

 			/ Göran Bengtson
 			  ITAvdelningen Infrastruktur/Nät/CDG