[Chemicalphysicstheory] FW: Mid-term seninar of Carl Frostenson, Monday 27/3, 13-14 i MC2 Fasrummet A820.

Henrik Grönbeck henrik.gronbeck at chalmers.se
Fri Mar 17 11:54:32 CET 2023

From: Per Hyldgaard
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2023 10:17 AM
To: Göran Wahnström; Paul Erhart; Julia Wiktor; Anders Hellman; Martin Rahm; Itai Panas; Lars Öhrström; Amir Malakizadi; Lars Nyborg; Pär Olsson; Johan Liu; Pär Strand; Christian Forssén; Elsebeth Schröder; Johan Liu; chalmers-mc2_bnsl; Pär Olsson; Mikael Fogelström; Per Rudquist; Per Lundgren; Maria Asplund; Tomas Löfwander; Alexei Kalaboukhov; Dag Winkler; Floriana Lombardi; Riccardo Arpaia; Thilo Bauch; Janine Splettstoesser
Cc: Per Hyldgaard; Carl Mikael Frostenson; Magnus Karlsson; Henrik Grönbeck
Subject: Mid-term seninar of Carl Frostenson, Monday 27/3, 13-14 i MC2 Fasrummet A820.

Dear all,

Our MC2 graduate student Carl Frostenson holds his Ph.D. mid-term
seminar, presenting parts
of his Ph.D. thesis research, on Monday 27/3, from 13-14 in MC2 Fasrummet

The title of his mid-term presentation is

"Range-Separated Hybrid vdW-DFs for Simple Structures and Complex Systems"

and I attach a flyer. His formal advisory team includes myself, Henrik
Grönbeck
as co-supervisor, and Magnus Karlsson as examinator. Carl is also
working with Pär Olsson
(MAU) and Jochen Rohrer (Darmstadt).

The thesis include work to define and launch useful and robust
range-separated hybrid
vdW-DF and parameter-free vdW-DF-cx+U versions, testing of elastic,
ferro-electric,
and plastic response in polymers and their interfaces, implementation of
stress-calculations
in the proper spin vdW-DF, and broad validation checks on systems that
are often sensitive
to subtle charge-transfer effects. The main focus in this mid-term
seminar is checking
accuracy of our recent vdW-DF progress on bulk, in magnetic systems, and
for a
porous-system catalysis case.

We hope that you might come and learn of our recent progress on
high-accuracy functionals
for modern truly nonlocal DFT.

I also hope that you will circulate this flyer and invitation in your
groups and that
we may also see many masters and graduate students on Monday 27/3 at 13 in
MC2 Fasrummet A820.

Best regards

Per Hyldgaard
Main supervisor, MC2