[Agda] Warning: hashable-1.2.0.x has serious performance bugs

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 22:27:50 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Andreas Abel <andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> This is not a constraint at all since unordered-containers exists only up to
> 0.2.3.x, as far as I can see.
>
> Probably you meant to constrain hashable < 1.2.

You're right, of course! =)

> But if you have packages
> such as hashtables linked with 1.2.x-versions of hashable, cabal install
> might just fail, wouldn't it?
>
> Also hiding packages does not prevent them to be linked into your program,
> so I rather be on the careful side and do proper unregistering of bad
> packages.

Well, then you may just

  $ ghc-pkg unregister hashable --force
  $ cabal install --constraint="hashable < 1.2"

I can't say that cabal won't complain since that is kind of
unpredictable for me, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.  At
most it may need a --force-reinstalls.

Felipe.