[Agda-dev] Mergify Github App on agda/agda

Andreas Abel abela at chalmers.se
Fri Feb 11 11:14:33 CET 2022

Dear fellow developers,

I installed the Mergify GitHub App on agda/agda.  It is used heavily in
the haskell/cabal project.

It helps to automate pull request handling.  I think so far we do not
need to much help with it, but one thing I found very useful:  You can
write in a comment

     @mergifyio rebase

and then it will rebase the PR on the latest version of its parent
branch (usually `master`).  This way, e.g. it's CI can be run again if
CI was broken and needed repair.  An example use is here:

   https://github.com/agda/agda/pull/5776#issuecomment-1034590764

Mergify has much more, like setting rules for automatic merging on
conditions (CI passed, 2 positive reviews...) but I haven't set up
anything like that as development on Agda isn't massively parallel (yet).

Cheers,
Andreas

andreas.abel at gu.se
http://www.cse.chalmers.se/~abela/