[Agda-dev] build error on master

John Leo leo at halfaya.org
Tue Mar 6 17:36:14 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

I tried doing a fresh rebuild from master today and got the following error:

[329 of 333] Compiling Agda.Interaction.InteractionTop (
src/full/Agda/Interaction/InteractionTop.hs,
dist/build/Agda/Interaction/InteractionTop.p_o )

src/full/Agda/Interaction/InteractionTop.hs:16:1: error:
    Could not find module ‘Control.Concurrent.Async’
    Perhaps you haven't installed the profiling libraries for package
‘async-2.2.1’?
    Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

16 | import Control.Concurrent.Async
   | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
cabal: Leaving directory '.'
Agda-2.6.0-D2d2poRAVBcDwR0QSXf8Fl failed during the building phase. The
exception was:
ExitFailure 1

I then did the following and it worked, but I wonder what caused this
problem and if there's a way to fix it that won't require people to install
async with profiling.

Johns-MBP-2:~/agda/agda> cabal install -p async --reinstall
--force-reinstalls
Resolving dependencies...
Warning: The following packages are likely to be broken by the reinstalls:
tasty-silver-3.1.11
tasty-0.12.0.1
tasty-quickcheck-0.9.2
tasty-hunit-0.9.2
Agda-2.5.4
Continuing even though the plan contains dangerous reinstalls.
Configuring async-2.2.1...
Building async-2.2.1...
Installed async-2.2.1
Updating documentation index
/Users/leo/Library/Haskell/share/doc/x86_64-osx-ghc-8.2.2/index.html
Johns-MBP-2:~/agda/agda> cabal install
Resolving dependencies...
In order, the following will be installed:
Agda-2.6.0 (reinstall) (changes: async-2.1.1.1 -> 2.2.1)
Warning: Note that reinstalls are always dangerous. Continuing anyway...
Configuring Agda-2.6.0...
Building Agda-2.6.0...
Installed Agda-2.6.0
Updating documentation index
/Users/leo/Library/Haskell/share/doc/x86_64-osx-ghc-8.2.2/index.html
Johns-MBP-2:~/agda/agda> agda --version
Agda version 2.6.0-b754131

John