[Agda-dev] New branch policy (issue #3104)

Ulf Norell ulf.norell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:21:28 CEST 2018

After talking to Andrea, we have decided that the next release of Agda will
be 2.6.0 and include `--cubical`. With this decision we also took the
opportunity to change how we use the branches.

Going forward all development should happen on `master` unless it's some
new big feature like cubical. So, `stable-2.5` is frozen and we'll use
`master` in the same way we've used `stable-2.5` previously.

Taking over the role of `master` will be a new branch `future` where new
experimental features should go. Until we actually have any new features on
`future` you can (should) ignore it, but once we do, `master` should be
merged into `future` whenever you make a change (just like for
`stable-2.5`/`master` previously). Watch this space for when that happens.

/ Ulf