[Agda-dev] What's up with Travis?

Andreas Abel abela at chalmers.se
Fri Feb 12 09:04:42 CET 2016

Thanks, Andres!
I am really surprised that extra 30 min helped!

Somehow it feels there is something fundamentally wrong, though, when
with ghc 7.6 the tests complete in 25 min but with ghc 7.8 it takes 6
times as long.

The script for ghc-7.8 calls it with -j32 while ghc-7.6 is not called
with any -j option, am I right here?  Maybe the -j actually slows the
thing down.  Would be worth a test, what do you think?  [Or try a small
value for -j.]  Again, just a shot in the dark...

Cheers,
Andreas

andreas.abel at gu.se
http://www2.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/~abel/