[Agda-dev] Release 2.4.2.6

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Thu Feb 4 17:41:00 CET 2016

On 3 February 2016 at 11:47, Andreas Abel <abela at chalmers.se> wrote:
> Andres, would you be up to release 2.4.2.6, or do you think it is too early?
>
> We fixed >20 bugs, some of them causing internal errors, some of them
> long-standing (480,520).  If it is not too much work, I think a release
> would be nice.

The procedure for realising using the maintenance branch is *stable*,
so I could make the release.

(I'll like to make the release after fixing the new regression

  https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/1815
)

Some comments:

1. What about of realising using the master branch? We have some new
features waiting to be released since one year ago.

Right now, we have 8 open bugs labelled with milestone 2.4.4 and priority-high

  https://github.com/agda/agda/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+milestone%3A2.4.4+label%3Apriority-high+label%3Abug

but there is only one regression related to the --without-K option

  https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/1775

I propose to release a release candidate from the master branch
instead of realising Agda 2.4.2.6.

2. Do we need to wait for GHC 8.0.1?

I don't think so because

A. Agda supports for GHC 8.0.1 depends of some external libraries and programs

  https://github.com/agda/agda/issues/1799

B. If A) is fixed, it shouldn't difficult to release a new version
supporting GHC 8.0.1.

--
Andrés