[Agda-dev] Agda and Packages/Libraries

Ulf Norell ulf.norell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:43:16 CET 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:36 PM, Philipp Hausmann <philipp.hausmann at 314.ch>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the last month or two, I have been playing around with the idea of
> adding a Package system to
> Agda proper. I think Ulf's library system is definitely a step in the
> right direction, but there is still room for improvement.

Absolutely. The library system was always intended to be the bare minimum
that would still be useful.

> Especially when compiling Agda programs using MAlonzo, things get tricky
> fast.

Are you addressing the problem that each use of a library gets compiled
locally? That is, all the Haskell files for the standard library (say) end
up in the local MAlonzo directory, so you can't share hs/hi/o files for the
library between different applications.

Without looking too closely at the code, I'd the your changes of getting
merged are very high.

/ Ulf