[Agda-dev] Mysterious instance: GHC 7.10.1 RC1 bug? GHC <= 7.8.4 bug?

Andrés Sicard-Ramírez asr at eafit.edu.co
Mon Jan 12 04:53:15 CET 2015

On 11 January 2015 at 18:03, Andreas Abel <abela at chalmers.se> wrote:

> Frankly, I do not see immediately why the instance for TCErr is in scope
> in module InstanceArguments.

​I found the reason. The module InstanceArguments imports the modules

  import {-# SOURCE #-} Agda.TypeChecking.Constraints
  import {-# SOURCE #-} Agda.TypeChecking.MetaVars
  import {-# SOURCE #-} Agda.TypeChecking.Conversion

and either one of these modules imports the module TypeChecking.Errors
which defines the required instance.
​
​So, there is an issue in GHC 7.10.1 RC1.

--
Andrés